Once recordings have been added to the Ascension Library there is nothing that can disrupt the access to them unless ...
- Your membership subscription has ended.
- Your having an issue with your internet connection or don't have enough data usage to access the recording.
- You have added extensions to your internet browser (block cookies) or using an incompatible internet browser.
- Your device type is old and not compatible with the site - some Samsung and old apple mobiles have this issue.
- our app / mobile / pc portals all show slightly different functions within the webpage according to the device type you are using and so this can also be a reason some members are unable to access the full function of the Ascension Library.
- The lock screen within your device has been switched on. This will cause the recordings to stop periodically throughout the recording. Remove the lock screen option within your device ... Go into settings > Display > Auto Lock _ and change to never.
- If your not using a full battery when using the Ascension Library this can automatically switch you to low battery mode which will effect the listening quality of the recording and can cause the recordings to stop periodically. Check your battery is full and not in Low Battery mode ... Go to Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode _ and switch off or plug in your phone.
Internet Connection ...
If you are finding you are unable to upload a video or your audio/video stops and starts while listening you may be experiencing internet connection issues.
Please check your internet connection speed ... anything lower than 6Mbs and streaming may be a challenge.
- Go to www.speedtest.net
- Click 'Begin Test' and wait for results
The ‘slower’ your connection the ‘longer’ the audio/video will take to ‘buffer’. If this is the case you can push the Play ‘triangle’ once and 99% of the time it WILL start. But if you Stop, then Start you ‘reset’ the ‘buffering’ process.
Internet Browser ...
We recommend using one of the following browsers: Safari - Edge - Firefox - Chrome
Wi-Fi Connection ...
Multiple people/devices on the same Wi-Fi network will cause slow-downs.
Make sure you are not stopping and starting frequently as this affects the dubbing and thus causes slow-playback.
A fluctuating signal from your internet will cause the Wi-Fi to drop out and try to reconnect automatically. This can cause disruptions to your connection and listening as your device will constantly try to reconnect. The files may take a long time to load or may stop playing, close or freeze because of this.
Modems are best placed in a central position out in the open i.e. not in a cupboard, corner or behind a TV. The modem signal can be weakened dramatically through thick brick walls and will not pass through metal sheeting.
If a microwave or any older device with built in Wi-Fi such as printers, scanners, etc are between your modem and the device you are using it can disrupt the signal.
In regard to operating systems we have found Samsung and older iPhones might cause this inconvenience.
Small fluctuations in your bandwidth will cause drops in playback quality.
If your connection speed meets the minimum requirements and you are still having issues? Please try playing the program on another device.
Options: Log out of your Ascension Library, clear your cache and log back in to see if this will reset your page. If this doesn't work try your Ascension Library in another device or in another internet browser such as Safari or Chrome. If neither of these work please contact us with the following details ...
- what device type you are using
- what internet browser you are using
- if you have added any internet browser extensions to your browser
- go to the program you are having the issue with and click to start the video or recording and send us a screenshot to let us see what you see when you click on the recording.
- let us know what other internet browsers or devices you have also tried to use to access your library.
FREE ACCESS: The EXPLORE page in the Ascension Library give a full overview of programs on offer with sample recordings and links to access more information. You can also find more about Ascension on my ARTICLES page. Many feature articles include audio and video recordings for you to try out.
MEMBER ACCESS: The Where to Begin section in the Ascension Guide in the Library is the best place to find and explore the programs on offer and their benefits.
Not yet an Ascension Library Member? Click below for more information ...
If you continue to need support for your question you can explore the full Ascension Library knowledge base HERE.